Mentee Roles and Responsibilities
Mentee Role: To be proactive in her own career development with the support, guidance and encouragement of a mentor.
- Demonstrated past performance capabilities.
- Recognized high potential and credibility.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and desire to ensure the success of the corporation.
- Commitment to shoulder greater responsibility.
- Dedication to continuous learning and self-development.
- Actively participate in the program.
- With mentor’s assistance, create and define goals of the relationship.
- Share professional information and experiences, successes or failures.
- Initiate appointments and maintain regular, open communication with the mentor.
- Develop growth goals and a plan for achieving them, with the support of the mentor.
- Demonstrate commitment by following through with the guidance and counsel of the mentor.
- Build an internal and external network to support professional and personal goals.
- Honor commitments and respect confidentiality on information shared by the mentee.
- Provide feedback to the mentor on what’s working.
PLEASE NOTE: Joining a mentoring program does not, in any way, imply dissatisfaction with the role and/or operating style of the mentee’s manager. The mentor’s role is to supplement the support provided by the manager.